Duration: 2 days training – 1 day face to face theory and 1 day practical onsite observation and mentoring by industry experts
Pre-requisites: USI Number (Unique Student Identity Number)
This course provides training for staff who are required to control traffic with a Stop Slow Bat.
- Control traffic with a stop/slow bat – RIIWHS205D
- Work safely and follow WHS processes – RIIWHS201D
- Communicate in the workplace – RIICOM201D
Although not necessary to complete the course the Safe Work NSW (WorkCover) White Card is necessary to obtain employment in the Traffic Control Industry.
Must have adequate PPE for practical component (covered shoes, long sleeve shirt, long pants, gloves, sun glasses, hat etc.)
A Statement of Completion will be issued on the day to successful applicants.
Traffic control cards will be sent out by Post, after final assessment which must be completed within 90 days from course completion.
Note: Traffic Control tickets are valid for 3 years, competencies gained have no expiry so re-appraisal is flexible and can be on the job including 3rd party testaments
ii. Renewal Option
Cost – $200
This is a one day face to face course.
This course provides a re-newal for Participants who are licensed to Control Traffic with a Stop/Slow bat at a work site and require renewal.
This course does not qualify a participant to Implement a Traffic Control Plan, or to select or modify existing traffic control plans.
- Theory Assessment
- Demonstration of performance (being direct observation of performance of applicant)
EVIDENCE TO SUPPLY
- Verified copies of previous licence that is either current or which has expired within 3 months of enrolling into this course.
- If your license has expired beyond the 3 month period you will need to attend as a new entrant and complete the 2 day course.
For New Entries Only
Credentials issued by Traffic Management Training Pty Ltd
RTO Code 45094.